If you sleep for 8 hours in a day, that amounts to 2920 hours in one year, which is equivalent to approximately 121 days in one year. The reason why our body requires this much amount of sleep in a day is to remove toxins and improve processes, such as digestion. When we cannot sleep peacefully or enter deep sleep at night, our body responds to this disruption throughout the next day. For example, you may feel irritated, your concentration may be hampered, and your stomach may feel constipated. These are all reactions to improper sleep.
Earlier, we had minimal options for bedding. But, today, the technology has evolved, and now we have different bedding and mattress options for different types of audiences. For example, the silver series adjustable bed. These adjustable beds are just right for people with health issues that cause back and body pain.
This article will review the benefit and needs of adjustable beds in detail, so read on.
What are Adjustable Bed?
To understand the concept of an adjustable bed, let’s discuss a non-adjustable bed:
A non-adjustable bed is stable in its structure. This means that you can keep it at one elevation. These are the types of beds used by most people on a daily basis.
An adjustable bed is a structure that can be changed. For example, you can elevate the bed from the head or bottom area. Similar to how beds in hospitals work, an adjustable bed can be adjusted for different elevations depending on the model you are taking.
Is a Reclined Position Better?
A silver series adjustable bed is an S-shaped bed that can recline from the bottom as well as the head.
Can you use a reclined bed position?
Will this help you eliminate pain while sleeping?
Will this improve the quality of your sleep?
Lumbar spinal stenosis is a condition that causes pain, numbness, and weakness. However, it is known that sleeping in an alleviated position can help relieve symptoms of the condition.
Arthritis is a condition that impacts many people and causes severe lower back pain. This pain makes it hard for the person to receive a peaceful sleep during the night. In a reclined position, joint compression reduces, alleviating osteoarthritis pain in patients.
Degenerative spondylolisthesis is another condition that causes severe pain in the back and knees. However, sleeping with an elevated back and support in the knees can help you ease the pain during the night.
Apart from the above, there are many conditions that can be relieved when you sleep in a slightly elevated position. For example, when you have a seasonal cough, your doctor may ask you to sleep in an elevated position to eliminate coughing through the night.
Another example is when you have gone through back surgery. In this case, a reclined position accelerates recovery and eases pain.
Features You Can Look For In Silver Series Adjustable Bed
If you need to determine which silver series adjustable bed is perfect for you, consider the following features. After closely evaluating these features, you can judge the ones important to you. Check out:
- Ideally, you don’t always need a separate mattress for the adjustable bed. However, it is good to have. Since mattresses designed for adjustable beds are designed with appropriate material to bend easily, it is feasible to select a product inclusive of the mattress.
- Other than the type of mattress, you can receive silver series adjustable beds in different sizes. Whether you need a full-size or king-size bed, you can select the appropriate option and size.
- There’s an option to raise either the lower side or upper side or both. This helps you receive the exact support needed for your body under different conditions. Silver series adjustable beds are usually S-shaped beds. These offer support to your spine as well as your legs. This means you can maintain a relaxing curve in your back and legs through the night.
- Most adjustable beds come with remote control. You don’t need to change the position of the bed manually, which can be extremely irritating. With remote control, you have feasibility.
- It is possible to get an adjustable bed created with natural or sustainable material. This means that in order to offer relief to your back and legs, you won’t be exposing your body to chemicals.
When you have back pain issues or you find it hard to sleep on a flat surface, silver series adjustable beds are the perfect purchase for you. It is possible to elevate the bed from the head and leg position. This S-shaped bed is ergonomically designed to support your body throughout the night. Fortunately, it is also possible to keep the bed flat and sleep on it like a normal bed when you don’t need additional support.
Before purchasing an adjustable bed, evaluate its features and compare pricing from different companies. Ensure that the bed is prepared from natural materials to avoid exposing your body to chemicals.