When you are purchasing a new mattress or remodeling your bed for better comfort, thinking of the right bed foundation is imperative. While previously box springs and metal squares were widely used, wood mattress foundation is a better, durable, and environment-friendly option now gaining importance. Therefore, this article will discuss the benefits of wood mattress foundation and tips to select the best foundation for your mattress.
What Is Wood Mattress Foundation?
Even a few years back, metal square and other types of mattress foundations were dominantly used. These were four-leg mounts that usually needed a box spring to support and improve the comfort of the mattress for better night’s sleep and reliability.
However, these mattress foundations don’t offer great support while sleeping, which is why in recent times, wood mattress foundations have become extremely popular. These mattress foundations are made with wood in place of a box spring, and they have wooden slats to support the mattress and provide a good night’s sleep. Hence, these foundations are reliable, comfortable, and aesthetically appealing.
Benefits of Wood Mattress Foundation
Why should you consider a wood mattress foundation in place of metal rectangular and square foundations? Here are some benefits of wood foundation for your mattress:
- Even the best mattresses sag on box spring with time, but the wood mattress foundation is firm and solid, which allows your latex mattress to maintain its shape. With this, you get better support for joint and body pain.
- A wood mattress foundation helps you put your mattress in an elevated position above the floor, which reduces wear and tear on the mattress. As a result, the lifetime of the mattress improves.
- With a wood mattress foundation, you can receive the height you want. This helps you get in and out of the bed without hassle. Neither the bed is too high nor too low, it is just at the right height, which reduces the chances of body pain that may arise because of the inappropriate height of the bed.
- When you are using your mattress on the floor, it can easily get dirty, as there are so many blind spots. However, with a wood mattress foundation, you create a protective layer that helps keep dust and allergens away from the mattress.
- Ideally, using a foundation also improves the airflow in your mattress, which reduces mattress odor and the growth of allergens. If the mattress is on the floor, there is less scope for ventilation, and you can only create it by flipping the mattress.
Finding the Best Type of Mattress Foundation
We have discussed many features and benefits of wood mattress foundation, but how can you find the best type? Let’s find out:
Type and Size
When selecting a mattress foundation, you need to look at the size of your mattress. If you have a twin XL, king-size, or other size mattresses, choose the foundation accordingly. Here every provider may have different sizing regulations, keeping these in mind, you should find a foundation that perfectly fits your mattress.
If the mattress is too large for the bed, it will hang out and eventually sag. If the mattress is small for the foundation, it will keep slipping and stop you from having a good night’s sleep.
You need to manually test the durability and reliability of the wood mattress foundation. Give it a wiggle and push to know if it is durable enough. If the frame is flimsy and loose, it may collapse under the mattress weight or suffer wear and tear too quickly. This also means that never purchase a less durable frame when the difference is just a few dollars. You should buy a reliable foundation one time, as that will work for several years and naturally reduce long-term spending on this item.
Every buyer should have a budget in mind before going for the purchase. You should do your research and find out the price at which you will get a durable mattress foundation. With this budget, find options in the market.
Remember that there will always be more beautiful and aesthetically appealing options and it is okay to purchase them if they are within budget. If not within budget, you can still get reliable and minimal designs.
Hence, always discuss, research, and evaluate your requirements based on your budget before making this purchase. The reason you need to evaluate and research beforehand is that when you are in the market, you should be clear about your requirements. If you are in doubt, you can end up making mistakes.
Always check the warranty offered by the provider for mattress foundation. Most manufacturers have some basic warranty for the damage, delivery issues, and other things. You should check what is covered in the warranty and then buy the product.